Monday, August 16, 2010

new purchase: Garmin Forerunner 110


I splurged on a Garmin Forerunner 110 with heart rate monitor last week, and am very happy with it so far. It's very easy to use. All I had to do was hit the page/menu button to locate satellites, then use the start/stop button to start the run or pause at street corners. I set the autolap at 1 mile intervals so that the watch would beep and display the time it took to run each mile. It also showed the average pace for my current mile. I didn't look at my heart rate during the run, but I think it would have been easy to do so by using the page/menu button.

After the run, I connected the watch to my computer with the USB cable and uploaded the data to connect.garmin.com. I found that this process worked better with Safari than Firefox. I'm happy to not have to map my run from memory on MapMyRun and to not have to find all my mile splits by cycling through the stored ones on my watch.

My very first run with a heart rate monitor.

3 comments:

James Tsai said...

kristina -- how much did the garmin cost?

Kristina Buenafe said...

It cost $250 with the heart rate monitor. Without, it costs $200.

Wendy said...

I'm excited to read your workouts! I'll link to mine when the Writer gets me a 305. Pinky swear we won't get numbers obsessed, just aware.