Thursday, May 15, 2008

cambridge running club


I tried out the Cambridge Running Club tonight at the Harvard outdoor track. My friend Alett invited me, and I came along because I wanted to try out track workouts and to meet new people. At first I was terrified because I am the poky little puppy when it comes to running and thought they would be super intense like the DC Road Runners at W&L track. Granted, there are some intense folk (e.g., Alett's sub-3-hour marathoner fiance Hugh) but they welcome runners of all levels. I ran 5 800m repeats at 9:00/mile pace with a guy named David. It was nice to learn how to pace rather than just going at whatever speed I felt like and guessing that it was 9:00/mile. I'm also psyched that the pace felt comfortable--Berryline goal, you are mine! I'm looking forward to joining the club and participating in more workouts!

No comments: