Friday, June 27, 2008

long run today

Distance: 10.77 miles
Time: 1:54:45
Pace: 10:38/mile
Temperature: 85 (feels like 90)

Lesson learned: Start drinking Propel and eating Clif shot blocks or Jelly Belly sport beans again. I was supposed to run 12 miles today but absolutely conked out because of the heat and my insufficient preparation. I stopped at home after the first 49 minutes to replenish my water bottle, but the water warmed up so fast that it felt useless. Other lesson learned: don't leave your running shoes in Boston by mistake...I've been running with an old pair so I picked up a pair of Asics at Lady Foot Locker in Ballston today. I'm probably going to run on the beach in the Outer Banks (out-and-backs so I don't end up running one way on a banked surface the whole time).

No comments: