Thursday, May 14, 2009

Follow me -- I'm one of you again!

The bear has come out of hiding.  After about 6 months, I finally went out to jog again.   My pot belly is a little rounder, and it took me more than double time to finish the normal route.  But as glory rained down on me, I reached a state of self-exultance that can only happen when you're mid-route and wet with big splashy drops of God's tears. 

Anyway, lately my relationship with running has been transferred to the one I have with my daily commute.  It's more interesting to absorb oneself in mass transit when it takes about 3 hours of your day. The following themes arise: complacency, conformity / following the crowd, feeling out of control yet priviledged to ride the white collar commuter hours, and general locomotion.  

Hopefully today was a sign that Runarchist is back. 

Congrats to KQB for finishing the multi-mile run in Boston.  

1 comment:

James Tsai said...

glad to have you back!