Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Race Report- Cleveland RiteAid [Half] Marathon


Um, I thought long and hard about this, and don't have much to say. Basically, I didn't do as poorly as I feared (i.e., DNF, or a slower time than last year), nor as well as I had hoped (beating two hours). The more I think about it, though, the happier I am with 2:09 after months of antibiotics and health drama. It was a faster pace by more than :20 per mile over last year (PR!), I felt solid and strong the whole time (sloshy belly near mile 11 notwithstanding), and my recovery has been quick and easy (while last year I was achy and exhausted for days). It felt more like a long run with a good friend, which is exactly what I think I needed (for body confidence and/or sanity).

Hi from mile 6-ish!

1 comment:

James Tsai said...

nice pics! good stuff wendy. I really had a great time this year. Cleveland's starting to become a favorite of mine now. :)