Tuesday, July 8, 2008

long run

Distance: 12.25 miles
Time: 2:05:01
Pace: 10:13/mile
Temperature: 85 degrees at end of run
Time of Day: 8:00 a.m.

Today I ran around Cambridge (did mapmyrun but my Internet crashed so I lost the picture), wishing I'd managed to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 a.m. instead of 7:40 a.m. I stopped for a Black Cherry Propel to wash down my espresso Gu one hour and 10 minutes into the run and did a cooldown walk to get a slurpee at the end of the run. I'm making progress re: preparation by at least having gels and Propel, but need to get better with hydrating the night before! Weirdest catcall of the run: Homeless lady screaming "I wanna be skinny like you!" at mile 12. That kept me from stopping at the Mass Ave 7-11 and continuing to the Harvard Square one--sometimes the Central Square homeless folk are a bit odd.

No comments: