Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I did it again!

400 calories burned (according to the beloved T-mill, and it never lies), roughly 3 miles covered in 45 minutes.  Probably about 5-7 minutes of actual running, 10 on warm up and cool down, so 30 minutes of power walking achieved. 

Part of me is proud for slogging it out on the treadmill in oppressive heat and humidity amongst the spiders for two nights in a row.  The rest of me is kind of disgusted at how far the mighty Wendy has fallen (and peeved that the 15 lb. has not magically and instantly disappeared). 

This is me on the Sunday of the Cleveland Marathon this year.  I will drink my coffee from this mug daily until I fit in those shorts again (assuming they don't sell at the yard sale, which is fourth of July weekend!  Come and buy all our stuff!).  Click for the super mug detail.

2 comments:

greydawn said...

so is a Marathon in your future like say the Cleveland Marathon? Have you run a marathon before?
and way to go at working out!

Wendy said...

No. Or not soon (though Cleveland would be okay since I tolerate training on the the treadmill and/or in the cold well). I've run a few halfs (halves?) and the mug is from a ten-miler, my first ever race!

I've been toying with running the Columbus half in the fall, just to have more of a goal than fitting into my skinnier jeans.

Good luck on your training!