Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Have gone from not running at all (while sick) to fewer then ten miles last week and this week (so far!). Ugh. I had a crap run outside last Tuesday (marred by abdominal cramping) and barely been on the treadmill, even then topping out at four miles. AND, I have not been to the gym in weeks!

I am trying to locate the source of my ennui, and have narrowed it down to:

-the weather (most likely, and my enthusiasm for the treadmill is waning),

-fatigue (also likely, as I have had my sleeping and eating patterns drastically ruptured by the Writer, which is a very happy predicament, but not conducive to working out),

-and lack of specific goals (I need to decide on some spring races and get those entry fees in to hang over my head; also, must find out if work will comp them).

Sooo...ugh! I need either a kick in the pants or a reminder that it's okay to let life (and baked goods!) get in the way sometimes. How about a decent night's sleep, too?

4 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

I give you both a kick to get you kicking ass again and a kudos to enjoying writers and baked goods!

Wendy Cyphers said...

Kick needs to be stronger. Despite having the gear in place, good weather, and a day off, I had cake and pasta instead of a seven- to eight-miler.

Kristina Buenafe said...

Word, I want to kick myself too--stayed very late at work and skipped my run entirely today :(

Wendy Cyphers said...

At least you were working!

I've thought about it, and I think my body is telling me it needs/needed the food and rest.

Also, something I was worried about is no longer and issue as of today, so I think I will enjoy a long afternoon at the gym tomorrow.