Friday, August 22, 2008

After spending the day helping runners find the shoes and information they need, I put it to practice myself. I now have a semblance of the tools I need to self-diagnose shoe and foot issues. I have a normal foot, normal arch, and can take a totally neutral, cushioned shoe. I happen to run in an Asics Gel-1120, which is more support than I need. It works, so I’m not too concerned at the moment. But you can bet I’m taking advantage of every opportunity to try on shoes at the store in preparation for my next pair!
As for today, I found the post- “Jeopardy!” time slot an ideal time to run. It was nearly dark, so the sidewalks were mostly clear, and the temperature had dropped off considerably.

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 45-50 minutes
Pace: first three miles, around 10:30; the last two, around 9:00
Temperature: 85 degrees
Time of Day: 8:00
Wildlife: dead bunny curled up at the intersection of Green and Groveland, very sad. Then I saw the Silsby bunny in the neighbors’ tree lawn post-run (very much alive) .

Feeling very happy with today’s run. Lots of good music today, but the standout track would have to be “Only the Good Die Young,” by Billy Joel (and hits the BPM jackpot at 158).

1 comment:

Kristina Buenafe said...

That's cool that you're working in a running store now! Way to go on the good run :)