Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the lieutenant of the toes

has fallen off. Rather, the toenail on the ring toe of my right foot has fallen off. With it has gone the malaise...I think. The sun is out, I have a new green quilt, and am feeling more comfortable about school (just crossing my fingers that I'll get a schedule finalized by the end of the week). Today I will try to explore the hills in the Porter Square neighborhood. My friend Sarah had an Olympics party recently, and I accidentally walked up a huge hill to get to her house. She and her roommates apparently all have amazing butt muscles from traipsing up that hill every day--time to fire up the ipod and see if the "butt hill" could be a new place for hill repeats!

2 comments:

Wendy Cyphers said...

This happened to me once (I think it was the second toe on my right, but maybe left foot)! It caused a bevy of emotions to well up, from pride to irrational fear that it would never grow back, to relief when it finally did. Who knew a toe nail could be so emotionally charged?

run.happy said...

yay for naming your toenails, and for getting rid of malaise.