Friday, August 22, 2008

Excuses, excuses!

Hi. I’ve not really been good at running this week (two meh treadmill miles on Monday). But I have a couple of good excuses!

1. Insomnia- I couldn’t sleep on Monday night and it kind of threw me off all week.

2. I have just started not one, but TWO jobs! The best part is that one is at a specialty running store, so I am learning quite a bit about shoes, for one, but also about the running community in Cleveland. I think it will be a boon to my fitness (since I am allowed to write up my schedule based on when I run so that it doesn’t interfere with work).

Still thinking about fall races (but feeling less confident about a half-marathon in under two hours): USAF 10K with Jimmy Page on September 20th? Boston half-marathon on October 12th? Both? None of this REALLY matters if I can’t get myself out the door to train, but there’s something about paying for the race that really pushes (shames?) me.

The plan for tonight is five miles in the (hopefully cooling) evening after hydrating all day at the store. Worst case, half an hour or so of speedwork on the treadmill. Must get it into my head that these fall races are only a few weeks away!

1 comment:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Dude if you do the BAA half let me know--I'm going to try to get a bib since I forgot to register while on vacation in July.