Wednesday, August 13, 2008

At the risk of sounding too cutesy (and with rainbows!)...


Quick three-miler this morning, first since I've been back. I have been out of town (driving through the Catskills, Poughkeepsie, and Ithaca, accompanied by nearly perfect weather and rainbows as apologies when the weather wasn’t quite ideal). There was nothing remarkable about this run: it was my normal route (down Belvoir to Fairmount, east to Green, then back up Green to Baintree, across Belvoir and then home), the weather was pleasant, my joints felt good, and I was generally happy to be out moving again after a few days stuck in a car. A few nights ago, I was talking with a good friend who asked in passing about my running. I talked about mileage and goals and said mostly that I was happy that it was making me feel strong. He said simply, “You always were strong, Wendy; the running just made you realize it.” So today when I ran, I ran with the knowledge that I was already strong, and it made me veritably fly across the concrete, humming “Melt With You,” by Modern English (158 BPM).

1 comment:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Word to feeling strong! I'm going to go out for a normal-ish run (having frisbee tournaments has thrown off my whole training schedule) and hope to fly across the concrete too.