Monday, December 15, 2008

Bah!

Intestinal disaster that knocked me on my ass* for all of Friday (and still echoed through Saturday) botched my last two runs, too. Well, I'm blaming it, anyway.

Yesterday, I did three miles of intervals on the treadmill (same formula as before: 3 minutes @ 4.0 and 1%, then alternating 1 minute @ 8.0 with 3 minutes @ 6.0 until I hit my mileage, cool down). I was trying for 4-5 to make up for being knocked on my ass all weekend, but was felled early by discomfort in my lower abdominal region.

Today, same cramping/aching occurred about three miles in. I forced myself to five miles; I am proud of my fortitude (and so is some lady on Lalemont Rd., who cheered me on while raking). On the upside, I mapped (and ran) a legitimate three-mile route that, when run in combination with the two mile zig-zag, will yield an actual five- or seven-mile run!



Note to self (and perhaps others who train in cold weather): it is actually worse to be too warm and overdressed than a little chilled. I'd have been fine, even better, if I had left my vest and maybe my headband at home.

*In all honesty, folks, don't accidentally grab fiberfull yogurt- the pressure it created in my belly was intense and agonizing for 36 hours straight on ONE serving!

1 comment:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Yikes, that sounds like some fearsome yogurt!