Saturday, December 6, 2008

Reindeer Run 5K

Old man pants!
Vikash and I ran together (ha, I just realized that Hermes didn't know what to make of a name like "Vikash"- nor a last name like "Goel," either- and so he finished with the females, 25-29), in 32:31. PRs all around! Next time, I'm going to see how much faster I can go!

Current mission: having discovered I like the quiet and anonymity of running in the dark, I am on the lookout for reflective tape to add some safety to my all-black cold weather running clothes (and some flash to my shoes). Will report on findings (and solicit for design ideas for the jacket).

*I have decided I do not particularly care for how the headband makes me look (but I still have ears, so, bonus). Seriously, it was so cold it took me until mile 3 to warm up.

2 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Good for you and your pants! Have you considered buying one of those neon pennies? Or doing the earmuff thing vs. headband? I hate headbands and might buy the 180 earmuffs.

run.happy said...

dude, i like running in the dark, too. well, at least, when i feel safe.