Saturday, December 6, 2008

Reflective modifications.

At Vikash's suggestion, I checked out the local bike shop for reflective gear. I found the sticky strips for which I had been looking (see my Nimbuses?)!



I can sew this stuff on the jacket, too, but for now, I opted for a reflective mesh triangle that I can pin on and then remove for washing (or attaching to another article of clothing if need be). I counted, and I have two strips with 14 little silver boxes each left, so I'm thinking of maybe sewing Orion onto the back of the jacket.



As for Kristina's suggestion about earmuffs versus the dreaded, yet warm, headband, I have decided to just tough it out and look ridiculous. I will be running all winter in old man pants; what dignity do I have left?

3 comments:

James Tsai said...

very nice post! how much did the reflective stuff cost? I'm running in a busy part of the city, but the street lights are often out in places . . .

Wendy Cyphers said...

The sticky strips (30 little squares each) were $4.99 (much cheaper than the Nathan reflective tape, but I suspect the Nathan stuff, available on Amazon.com, is easier to manipulate) and the triangle $10.99.

I seriously want to go out today, but I doubt anyone has cleared sidewalks and I'm a little afraid of my neighbors' driving to run in the street...

run.happy said...

old man pants - made me laugh inside. good ideas, though - to adjust to the changes in season.